Hey guys!
So I´m going to make the beginning, since nobody else did so far.
Well, I´m back now for three and a half months now; but let me start from the beginning:
Well I got back to Germany on 01.July 2009, but before that I had a long trip home. I guess long is relative in this case, because I know some of the others had a much longer trip. So when I got to the airport in Frankfurt, my family and some of my friends were waiting there for me. I actually don´t really remember the drive back home, all I remember from this day was what crazy parents were at the airport, cuz when we got to the area in the airport, where the parents saw us the first time after such a long time, they all were so loud haha.
I didn´t like the days after coming what was now my "new and old home" again, but I somehow managed to get used to live here in Germany again. I went to school a few times, since my school here in Besigheim (that´s where I live) was not finished until the end of July. So I got to see what the teachers were like, because I didn´t know a few of them, they were new. Of course, I was alowed to make a presentation about my year in the US - the best year of my life. I can tell you, whenever I told anybody about this year, it was like a standard answer. "Oh it was really great. Well I stayed in Washington DC, I mean that´s a perfect location and I just loved it. You know, I really love my american family, they are just awesome. And my school, which was School Without Walls in Washington DC - yes, in the middle of DC - was great, too. Oh of course my English is much better now. Yes, thank you. See ya"
But I could not even tell my family all the things I wanted to tell them. Some of the things I remember, I can´t put in words, others are just too complex to explain.. So yeah, I got used to live here again, and guess what? People stopped asking "How was it?" and I didn´t have to tell them the same over and over. So eventually, life got normal. Life got normal, with the exception I really miss everything and everyone from DC and the US in general. Except that. It is funny how much I think of SWW or my friends from now all over the world (literally).
School here is alright. I don´t have major problems, and my English grade got much better as well. So I guess, if I had to make a conclusion: I got used to live here again, but I miss the US and all of my friends and everybody and everything so much, I would come back immediately to finish High School in the US. Since that´s not possible, my plans are to at least study for one semester in the US. My dream is, of course, to study there for much longer, but we´ll see.
So I hope everybody got an impression on how I am here. And of course, I hope, the other guys will put up a small report as well. That´s be really cool!!
See ya! :)
P.S.: Some random words which belong to my memories of the US:
SWW, Verizon Center, Dunkin Donuts, Five Guys, Nationals, Red line, union station, seven springs, tennis, soccer, futsal, Five Guys (once more, cuz it´s soo good hah), sponteanous barbecuing at Tony´s house, Guitar Hero, more spontaneous stay-overs at victor´s house (or that of his american family), Food Schedule (Victor, that was one of the funniest ideas ever man): all I remember is: Friday --> McDonalds hahah.
Miss you guys!
Tobias.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment